This month’s member spotlight is Luke Schwarz. Luke has been around Kato CrossFit for a long time! He is a mainstay at the 3:30 class and you can see him bouncing around the gym chatting with everyone!
How long have you been at KCF?
– 3 years with a 6 months break somewhere in there. Best decision I’ve ever made health related
What’s your why?
– I’m too competitive for my own good, and having a bunch of other amazing athletes pushing me every day makes it an amazing atmosphere!!
Would you rather be famous when you are alive and forgotten when you die or unknown when you are alive but famous after youdie?
– I don’t want fame when I’m alive. I like to keep to my self too much for that. But if I did something great it would be awesome to be known after I died. Unless it was for like being ted bundy or something. Not cool.
Have your goals changed?
– Secretly I always want to be the best, but don’t always eat well enough or spend enough time to get there! So I guess I just want to keep making friends and (US) all get better and keep driving each other!
Would you rather never use social media sites / apps again or never watch another movie or TV show?
– Get rid of social media 0 percent chance I could go without watching frozen another day in my life
What is different about KCF?
– I actually go to the gym to have fun. I’ve always liked working out and getting results but was just indifferent about the process. Everyday is exciting when I show up and see my friends there.
– I move so much better than I did when I joined. My strength had increased but most importantly I move in a way that doesn’t harm my joints nearly as bad as it did before. Maybe I’ll be able to walk well when I’m 80 after all!! Also. The friendships. It’s 100% like a second family and that’s no an exaggeration. These people will drop everything to help one another it’s amazing to see and be a part of.
Thanks for being such a big part of our community, Luke! Keep up the hard work!