This month’s member spotlight is definitely a fan favorite! July goes to Louis Yu! Louis has been with Kato CrossFit for a long time and he is a huge part of the community! He has provided an awesome environment to be a part of. Here is what Louis had to say:
- How long have you been at KCF?
– I attended my first foundation class in September, 2014; so almost 5 years.
- What’s your why?
– Growing up I was never athletic. At some point during graduate school I realized that other than research, I should probably do something for my health as the lack of exercise, a poor eating habit and the stress were giving me anxiety attacks on a regular basis, so I started going to the gym and hired a personal trainer to help me. After a few years I felt that my workout routine was getting boring and wasn’t intense enough, so when I moved to Minnesota, I decided to try something new and check out Kato Crossfit.
- Would you rather be famous when you are alive and forgotten when you die or unknown when you are alive but famous after you die?
– I think if you’re famous when you’re alive but then are going to be (completely) forgotten when you die then you’re probably famous for the wrong reason.
- Have your goals changed?
– I never have any major goals in life or in fitness, I just try my best with everything I wish to pursue. To quote one of my idols, Randy Pausch, “it’s not about how to achieve your dreams, it’s about how to lead your life, … if you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, the dreams will come to you.” With my fitness journey, my only “sort of” goal is just to have fun; have fun so I can keep doing it.
- Would you rather never use social media sites / apps again or never watch another movie or TV show?
– I don’t have a TV but I’m on Facebook and Instagram constantly.
- What is different about KCF?
– I think the most powerful aspect of CrossFit is the different local communities that are built on top of the principle; and KCF is a good one. This community is accepting and non-judgmental. Everyone is here to help and cheer for you on your fitness journey.
- Best Result?
– When I had a personal trainer our decided goal was for me to do one pull-up. I could sort of do a pull-up before I join KCF. Now I can do muscle ups.
Louis, thanks for being a huge part of making Kato CrossFit unique!